March 3, 2016
¨ The entire program team benefits from IPM’s unique capability to have each project member interface to the program cost in a way that is effective and efficient. MPM is primarily used by the finance personnel on a project team.
- Cost Account Managers (CAM’s) can:
- Update of the schedule, via the IPM status module
- Update the estimated cost using the IPM latest revised estimate (LRE) module
- Create the documentation for variance reporting via IPM VAR Narrative module.
- Program Management can:
- Utilize the Cost analysis module and IPM’s unique dashboard capability for the effective and efficient use of project cost information and metrics
- The Corrective Action and Program Logs are updated from the Cost Module to track project changes and manage cost corrective actions.
- The Business Manager can:
- Incorporate all of these functions within the IPM Cost Module to tremendously streamline the process
- Use issue analysis without delays of manual data interface
- Track creation and produce project / formal IPMR reporting
- Use schedule status, LRE updates and the VAR Narrative from the CAM, as the primary source for the format 5 portion of the IPMR.
¨ Features that IPM has over MPM are:
- Resource Loading, Baselining per WBS, per CAM
- Online Schedule Status & Performance taking
- Lower level tasks linked to IMS for detail information and quantifiable backup data
- Estimate to Complete (ETC) Updating per WBS, per CAM at control account or work package
- Variance Narrative Analysis & Creation with data for the CAMs to drill down and analyze their variance drivers and a means to pull from previously provided information
- Automated Baseline Change Request, forms and workflow
- Schedule & Cost Analysis modules
- Schedule, Cost, & Integration Compliance
- User Created Dashboards
- Automated Work Authorization
- Schedule and Cost Integration and Monitoring